State ID- Driver's License
A Driver’s License or Illinois State Identification Card are very useful forms of identification because they are photo ID’s. You must apply for the Driver’s License or State ID at a local Secretary of State office. The State ID card costs $20 and is good for 5 years. If you have a disability, the Secretary of State’s Office also issues a Disabled Person ID Card at no charge.
Below are some useful links for information provided by the Secretary of State that will help you get your Driver's License or State ID Card:
- Secretary of State Facilities- Locations throughout the State of Illinois.
- Acceptable Identification - Documents that will help you to get a State ID or Driver's License.
- Secretary of State Fees - for ID card, Driver's License, and other services.
- Disabled Person ID Card Application Form - There is no charge for this card if you are disabled and get a doctor's signature.
- Voter Registration Form - You can register to vote at any Secretary of State facility.
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Study Guide - for those looking to get a CDL.
- CDL Facility Locations - Locations of all CDL testing facilities. You can also call (630) 293-1191 for the Chicago Metro area or you may call (217) 785-3013 for downstate.
- Secretary of State Forms and Publications - Links to all forms and publications